Lord Roberts Community Centre Volunteer Bond
LRCC’s volunteer bond is an initiative in order to alleviate volunteer deficits for the Community Centre for child and youth programs, sports and events.
Click here for a letter from the Board regarding volunteer bonds.
What is it?
- The volunteer bond will be a per family deposit in the amount of $100 at the point that a parent or guardian registers a child or children for a program or team sport that is hosted by LRCC. As a means of supporting the efforts and resources required to host teams and run events at LRCC, the family of registered children will be required to commit to four(4) hours of volunteer time during the LRCC program year.
- The deposit is collected in the form of post-dated cheque (1-year), and held by the LRCC until the volunteer hours commitment is met. Cheques for spring & summer programming will be post-dated to March 31 the following year, and cheques for fall and winter programming will be dated to October 31 the following year.
- The four-hour volunteer commitment can be split between more then one parent or guardian within the same family unit. The volunteer hours can be committed to one event (ex. Fall Festival) or team sport (mini soccer, basketball tournament, etc), or spread over multiple events or teams.
- If the family is unable to commit the required hours, or chooses not to, then the $100 deposit will be credited to a fund that will be used to hire staff to help during the events and team sports hosted by LRCC.
- The volunteer bond is not a means to generate new revenue for the centre but to raise awareness of the need for volunteers and ideally make it easier for parents and guardians to get involved as volunteers at LRCC.
Who does the bond apply to?
- The Volunteer Bond applies to all families that register for Child (3-8) and Youth (9-18) sports and programs.
Who is eligible to volunteer?
- The parents and/or guardians of the child or youth.
What volunteer roles count towards the bond and who should I report my hours to?
- Volunteering at any LRCC planned programs and events would could towards the bond. This includes, but its not limited to helping plan events, volunteering at events, volunteering at the canteen, being an activity convener (sports, games, etc), coaching, team manager, general community center maintenance, ice making, and any other role approved by the volunteer coordinator. All volunteer hours shall be reported to the volunteer coordinator.
What if my child is transferred to another club to play?
- If your child is transferred to another club to play a specific sport the family will be required to satisfy the Volunteer Bond.
What if a child is transferred to the LRCC to play?
- If your child is transferred to LRCC from another club to play a specific sport the family will not be required to satisfy the Volunteer Bond.
How do volunteers sign-up to do hours?
- Throughout the year there will be emails asking for volunteers for certain events and you will be directed accordingly to sign up. Further, you can contact the LRCC Volunteer Coordinator for other opportunities if available.
What are the effective Bond Program dates?
- April 1st and November 1st.
- Anyone who pays the bond for spring registration has until the following April 1st to complete hours.
- Anyone who pays the bond for fall registration has until the following November 1st to complete hours.
Can I get part credit for my Volunteer Bond?
- No, in order to satisfy your bond, you need to complete all four (4) hours, there is no partial reimbursement or credit.
Can hours be transferred to another Volunteer Bond family?
- No, hours must be completed by the family to which the volunteer bond applies to.
Can I Appeal, if I did not get credit for my bond?
- Yes, all appeals need to be emailed to the President of the Board no later than one month past the effective bond program dates. (Dec 1 or May 1).
- All appeals will be brought to the Board for final decision.
- The appeal must include:
- Your Name
- Child’s name
- Your Volunteer Role with dates
- Hours Volunteered
- Person you reported your hours to