South Osborne Bike Hub is hiring a lead mechanic
South Osborne Bike Hub is looking for an experienced bike mechanic to run our community shop
Part-time, 8 hours/week
June – October 31
Lord Roberts Community Centre (LRCC) Board of Directors via a designated representative.
The South Osborne Bike Hub, a community bike shop located in Winnipeg’s Lord Roberts’ neighbourhood, is seeking an experienced bike mechanic to run community open shop nights twice a week from June to October.
- Assist community members with bike repairs during open shop hours.
- Manage, open, and close the bike hub on shop nights.
- Assist volunteers during open shop when questions arise.
- Work closely with LRCC Board Representative to ensure adequate shop supplies.
- Organize volunteers to be present at the open shop nights.
- Ensure shop is clean and organized at the end of each shop night.
- Track and manage all donations (including bikes, parts and monetary) coming into the bike hub.
- Developing and managing social distance and hygiene and sanitation protocols.
- 1+ year(s) of experience as a bike mechanic in community or retail shop; or equivalent technical knowledge.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Willingness to learn additional bike mechanic skills as required.
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Knowledge of community bike shop operations.
- Experience teaching/coaching other others about bicycle repairs & mechanics.
- Experience in financial management.
How to Apply:
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com with subject “Lead Mechanic Application”.