Lord Roberts Community Centre was founded in 1934 at the corner of Kylemore and Daly.
Lord Roberts Community Centre was founded in 1934 at the corner of Kylemore and Daly. Originally called “The Terriers,” the Club consisted of two box cars donated by the CNR. The new clubhouse was built in 1950 at Cockburn and Kylemore, with the existing club house completed in 1960. The first Club President was Mrs. Ellinthorpe, followed by Mrs. P. Bull, an early Osborne Street resident who was Lord Roberts Club President for a total of 6 years. A fire destroyed the community centre in December 1988, but it continued to operate thanks to the dedication of volunteers with the support of the community centres nearby. It was reopened on May 11th, 1990.